Machine Operator – Night Shift, Test Lab
Stein Seal Company has an immediate opening for an Machine Operator that will be responsible for overseeing the overnight testing of mechanical seals. Will also assist in machinery set-up, calibration and maintenance as directed by the Lab Manager.
Overnight hours are 8:00 PM to 6:30 AM, Monday through Friday
10% shift differential for working overnight hours
- Operation of test rig during test including any adjustments needed to attain test conditions
- Collection of required data during test
- Instrumentation and measurement of seal components
- Assisting with test rig assembly and set up prior to test
- Calibration of rig instrumentation
- Assisting with the disassembly and storage of rig and seal components after conclusion of test
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: 1 Year of experience as a mechanic, technician or machine operator.
Skills: Good mechanical skills a must. Basic PC computer skills required including MS Excel and MS Word. General plumbing knowledge a plus. General electrical wiring knowledge a plus. Knowledge of motors, drives, gear boxes, pumps and couplings a plus. Machining experience a plus. Organized, detail-oriented, able to work with minimal supervision once the task has been explained.
Stein Seal Company offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, short and long term disability, life insurance, a 401(k) and a company paid pension plan.
We are located just off the Lansdale Exit of the PA Turnpike.
Steal Seal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000 – $50,000 per year