Our Merida, Mexico division Seal and Metal Products is searching for a Hands-on individual needed to oversee and supervise the manufacturing of precision aircraft engine components at our Mexico facility. Candidate will be responsible for directing and supervising a staff of 8 as well as 130 production employees. Our plant has over 60 CNC machines including modern CNC mill/turn centers and CNC cylindrical grinders.
- Must speak and understand Spanish and English.
- Must be proficient in the programming of a variety of machine tools using MasterCam or other programming software.
- Must have an understanding of machining techniques needed to machine thin walled circular parts to exact tolerances.
- Must be able to direct staff and employees in the most efficient methods to produce finished components.
- Knowledge of the quality requirements our Aerospace customers and help to maintain our AS-9100 Quality Certifications.
- Experience using AutoCad a plus.
- Responsible for directing the Manufacturing Engineer to develop part manufacturing processes to be as efficient as possible on our CNC machines.
- A minimum of 15 years in the machining field, including experience operating CNC machines.
- Experience in cylindrical grinding.
- Knowledge of geometric tolerance and how it relates to machining.
- Knowledge of aircraft quality requirements from a manufacturing point of view.
- Experience with the various characteristics of metals and knowledge of heat treating components.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing including setting up machining cells and using mill/ turn centers for maximum efficiency.
- Excellent computer skills with Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Degree in a technical field is desirable
- Experience in supervising in a modern CNC machining environment
- Modern air conditioned facility
- CNC Machine (mill/ lathes)
- Tools used in a manufacturing environment
- Able to concentrate for extended periods of time
- Read and understand complex documents
- Ability to explain and train manufacturing concepts to employees
- Thorough understanding of machine shop techniques
Contact: Donna Broughan