Stein Seal Company has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Technician in our Engineering Test Lab that will be responsible for the setup of machinery for, and to carry out the functional testing of mechanical seals as described by the test plan. Also, to assist the Engineering group in research and development testing to establish new designs and products.
Standard day shift or afternoon shift hours
• Set up tooling for Test rig assembly prior to test.
• Operation of test rig during test including any adjustments needed to attain test plan conditions.
• Collection of required data during test.
• Instrumentation and measurement of seal components.
• Maintaining the calibration of test rig and rig instrumentation.
• Additional data manipulation and report generation after testing in accordance with the test plan using MS Office programs.
• Assist in generation of test lab procedures when needed.
• Machining and modification of tooling and building of test rigs when needed
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
2-Year degree or additional technical school training in applicable field preferred.
• 3 Years of experience as a mechanic, electrician or technician preferred.
• Good mechanical skills a must.
• Basic PC computer skills required including MS Excel and MS Word.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical schematics required.
• General plumbing knowledge required.
• General electrical wiring knowledge required.
• Knowledge of motors, drives, gear boxes, pumps and couplings a plus.
• Machining experience a plus.
• Knowledge of PLC control and/or Data Acquisition software a plus.
• Organized, detail-oriented, able to work with minimal supervision once the task has been explained
Stein Seal Company offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, short and long term disability, life insurance, a 401(k) and a company paid pension plan.
We are located just off the Lansdale Exit of the PA Turnpike.
Steal Seal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Contact: Donna Broughan