Individual with background in aerospace materials, heat treating of those materials and metallic coatings and plating needed to work full time with Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality Engineering groups to ensure that the supplier and the related purchased components or services meet specifications and requirements. Understand quality systems and special process approvals for major aerospace customers.
Some overnight travel is required to visit regional suppliers as part of the auditing and qualification process for new or existing suppliers. Individual must be detail oriented and have good computer skills.
– Monitor the cost, quality and lead time of suppliers and vendors to assure efficient supply chain function, and re-source programs as needed to improve metrics.
– Onboard and manage suppliers for special process sourcing, such as Heat Treat, Thermal Spray, Plating, and Non-Destructive Testing
– Flow customer specifications and drawing requirements to supplier to ensure purchased components meet customer needs.
– Builds relationships with supplier to ensure that purchase components meet specifications.
– Communicate with vendors regularly to address any concerns and foster an environment that facilitates continual improvement in working relationships.
– Provide technical support to incoming quality inspection, regarding purchased and customer supplied components. Develop and/or improve inspection method and sampling plans.
– Manage supplier returns and work with engineering on process improvements.
– BS degree in Engineering or Technical related field or relevant experience.
– Basic Understanding of Quality Systems
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
Stein Seal designs and manufactures mechanical seals specific to all the major aircraft gas turbine manufacturers and is expanding its product lines to better serve our customers. We offer competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, pension and 401K retirement programs as well as other standard benefits.
Contact Stein Seal at 215-256-0201 or HireMe@SteinSeal.com